24 May 2008

Sharing my spark

I had such a faabbbulous day today. I got to see Lil Kris & Pcill and make fresh cherry pie (althought I had to leave ahead of time and didn't get to taste it). I needed entourage time since our last visit ended abruptly. We visited Kristys' garden and had a taste of some vegetables shes been growing. Mmmhm so good! I love organically grown yummyness.

Okay back to card stuff. I decided to participate in Heathers' share your spark friday challenge which was to use 7 things on a card. These things can be anything from stamps to copic to stickers and what not. I figured I would use MB's twin cupcakes again since its the stamp of the week and I <3 this stamp. Also, while on the topic of MB, I purchased some of her spool dolls on her etsy shop, you should check it out they are adorable!
I made this card for my niece who turned 3 this week! I made her invitations as well which are minnie mouse themed but I decided to stray away from minnie and use my new Pink Paislee clear stamps! Everything is a muse except for the dinosaur. My original idea behind this card was that I wanted the dinosaur to hold the cupcake and I was going to use some new American Craft rub-ons I just go in the mail. However, the "eat cake" rub-on from the celebration set was more boy-ish colors.



My 7 items:
  • Pink Paislee dinosaur stamp
  • MB Twin Cupcakes
  • Happy sentiment from the Birthday Builder clear stamp set
  • Birthday sentiment from the Happy Birthday to You stamp
  • Twinkle stickers
  • Wisteria colorbox chalk ink
  • A muse purple polka dot, chiffon, popsicle pink, and french roast notecards


P.S. I realize the sentiment is a little crooked. I would've fixed it but I've spent alllll day trying to mask the dinosaur juustt right without messing it up. Besides, a 3 year old is on the receiving end and as much as I hate to admit it, it will probably end up in the trash.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! This is just adorable! I love how he is holding the cupcake! Thanks so much for doing the Stamp of the Week challenge!

dream.crafty said...

love your card : ) good to know there are other 20 somethings stamping!! hahaaha <3

Anonymous said...

Very, very cute! Thanks so much for playing along and "sharing your spark!"

Anonymous said...

How creative that is to put the cupcake in the dinos hands! I love it!

Tracy said...

Supah cute! I love how you put the cupcake in his hot little hands. Yum!

Anonymous said...

OMG! This is soooo cute! I LOVE how you masked the dino! Which I must have! LOL! And p.s. I save all of my kids cards. ALL OF THEM! Hand made or not... in a big plastic tote. I think it will be cool to pull them out in 20-30 years so they can look back :) It's my ONE packrat tendency :)